Friday 29 May 2015

Freebie card

Hi all!

What a frustrating week I have had ! Life has gotten in the way of my cross stitching and I have barely had time to stitch on my fairy ! I have started stitching with the Kreinik but so far I have had so little time to stitch that it is no point posting an update pic yet : ( ( Hopefully I can get some cross stitching done over the weekend - I feel like I will go insane if I have to wait much longer to stitch on my fairy !

I was hoping I might get some time to cross stitch tonight, which I did . However, here in Sweden it is Mothering Sunday this Sunday , and since I do not have the money at the moment to buy a gift for my lovely mum, I decided that the least I could do was to stitch a card for her . . . !
So I dug through my box with all the freebie cards from cross stitch magazines , and found a suitable card to stitch . It is not too detailed and should be reasonable quick to stitch. The one thing I do not like is the 16-count aida used ; I find it too fiddly and prefer 14-count. But since it is only a small card I am going to do my very best to cope . . . !

So this is as far as I got tonight . . .


I know , pathetic progress isn't it ? ? I definitely blame the 16-count aida . . . ha ha !
Can anyone guess what it will be . . . ? ?
Hopefully I can show you a picture of the finished card tomorrow evening !

Hope you all find time for some wonderful cross stitching this weekend !

Annie

5 comments:

  1. Whatever it is, I'm pretty pretty sure it's going to be...pretty, haha. That is such a sweet gift, surely your mom is gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a very lovely card and I think your mom will love it/ him/ a little bunny?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, sweet little bunny. I just love those Margaret Sherry patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!