Tuesday 2 June 2020

A week of smalls - Bookmarks and Swedish Mother's Day

Hello Stitching Friends!

This Sunday past was Mother's Day here in Sweden, so I spent the whole week stitching smalls that I could turn into gifts - in this case bookmarks - and greeting cards. And since some of my family and friends read this blog I couldn't show any progress pics. I 'only' needed to finish four pieces, but since I had the appropriate magazines and patterns at hand I thought I might as well stitch a few more to keep for future events. 

I stitched one bookmark for my mum and I also made a pretty pink bookmark for myself at the same time.

Bookmark patterns from Cross Stitcher magazine issue 301.

I also stitched a couple of hearts from the magazine Enjoy Cross Stitch, Hearts & Roses from spring 2012, and I turned one of them into a greeting card for my wonderful mum.


I made a card and a bookmark for an aquaintance whose dog is a dear friend to my furbabies and who's going through a rough time. Sadly I don't have any children so personally I like to celebrate Dog mummy's day instead of Mother's Day.

The butterfly/lavender piece is from Enjoy Cross Stitching, house to home Spring 2013.
The bookmark is from the same magazine as in the above picture, although
I have made some changes in the design.

 Except for putting the finishing touches on the cards and bookmarks, I also started a couple of more smalls for future cards over the weekend.

Lovely cottage designs from Enjoy Cross Stitch, Cottage Gardens Spring 2015

I guess these would count as my starts for the Spring into Summer New Start Binge this past weekend. And don't forget to check out what gorgeous projects TIFF and RACHEL made a start on!

The past couple of days I haven't had the time nor energy to stitch, so now I'm desperate to sit down with all my lovely projects and just stitch along hour after hour. I also have a couple of new projects that I'm really look forward to stitching . For exemple I'm really looking forward to start on this lovely cottage picture by Lesley Teare, which is another gorgeous design from Enjoy Cross Stitch, Cottage Gardens Spring 1015.


Luckily I had quite a few of the threads I needed. Normally I would order DMC threads from UK or USA since it is much cheaper to buy them abroad than here in Sweden, but due to the pandemic I can't buy them abroad right now… So I'll just have to make due with the colours I have for the time being until I can order more threads abroad again.
Luckily I definitely 😂 have enough cross stitching projects to keep me busy until the world is back to some kind of normal again...🙏.

Happy Stitching,

Annie

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of beautiful projects! I especially like your bookmarks, such a pretty way to finish them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very pleased with the bookmarks too:D Thankfully the magazine had a good description of how to do it!

      Delete
  2. That's a good way to look on the bright side, that even if you don't have all your current wants, you can still stitch. Those are lovely finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Most days it works and I'm happy with what I already have in my stash… But every now and then I desperately long for some new lovely stash…:D

      Delete
  3. I think you outdid Tiff and I with all your new starts - and finishes this week! Everything's so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!