Tuesday 26 May 2020

A big THANK YOU...and another weekend of Spring into Summer New Start Binge

Hello Stitching Friends❣

First of all, I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who took the time to comment on my LAST BLOG POST when I asked you for help and advice on how to deal with laaaaarge cross stitch projects. It almost moved me to tears to see so many experienced stitchers give me advice and cheering me on. I haven't answered you in person this time, but rest assured that I soaked up every word and every advice and that your comments gave me so much positive energy that I'm now determined to finish this project. (And maybe start dreaming of stitching more extra large projects in the future..!)
In fact, I found your advice so useful that I decided to make the post a special feature, a Favorite Post, here on the blog so that it is always easy to find whenever I need a personal pep talk❤💪❣

Your advice suddenly made me feel very motivated to carry on working on this beautiful project (Victorian Street Scene by Sandy Littlejohns and Deborah Lester) so I have spent two afternoons working on it. The first session I focused on the bottom left corner and I went from this...


...to this...


The other session I decided to fokus on one of the christmas trees - there are four in the whole picture - and when I started stitching the tree looked like this:


A few hours later I had added some more shades of greens...


...and it's starting to come together. I have also realized that I have to finish the whole cross stitch before I move on from an area (often I stitch an area of colour with one arm first / and then go back with the next \ later on). However, with such a densely stitched design it is very difficult to later on see what colour I have used for the first part of the stitch, so that is definitely a no-no. I have also decided to pick a particular area or motive to fokus on during each session so it is easier to see the progress, however small it is. AND I will shamelessly post and boast about every progress here on the blog for your enjoyment😉😁!

Over the weekend it was also time for a new start according to the craziness of the Spring into Summer New Start Binge, which is hosted by TIFF and RACHEL. I decided to pick a sweet little
winter/Xmas picture from the Swedish crafting brand Svarta Fåret. In fact the project was so small that I managed to finish it yesterday!


YAY! I'm so pleased with it and it feels great to have a finish for a change👏👏👏!

Before I leave you I want to share a picture of a happy furbaby with one of his beloved squeaky toys!


It seems that summer has finally arrived in northern Sweden and we can once again enjoy relaxed walks and leisurely play dates in the dog park.

Happy Stitching!

Annie

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've decided to continue with Victorian Street Scene. Your new start is adorable. Congratulations on the quick finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It sure feels good to have a finish for a change!

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear how motivated you got! Stitchers are wonderful people :) You made so great progress, it is gorgeous and I think you will have this finished before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, all that wonderful advice really helped me! I think I realized that I have to see and appreciate the small steps instead of feeling overwhelmed by the bigger picture...

      Delete
  3. I love that you're going to continue with it, and it will epic once completed. Love the photo of your dog! We had a basset, but he mostly stopped playing after about age 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to get a start and finish during the weekend! I really ought to learn to start much smaller projects! :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!