Monday 29 June 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge and some new charts🙌

Hello Stitching Friends❣

Hope you're all doing well. 
Here in Sweden the recent heatwave is thankfully over for this time, and I can finally stitch again without constantly getting hot, sticky hands. During the week I still managed to work on a couple of small designs that I cannot show you yet, although progress was very slow dute to an overheated head and already mentioned hand issues.

However, during the weekend the temperatures sank slightly and I was very eager to start on another project for the crazy Spring Into Summer New Start Binge hosted by TIFF and RACHEL. I must admit though that I'm kind of looking forward to this start binge finishing in a month or so...😁. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE starting new projects, but a new start every week is becoming a bit of a struggle even for me😂. And my storage space is completely overflowing with lots of lovely projects that I need to work on... 

All that said, this week I yet again came across a lovely Xmas design that I loved from the first time I saw it in an old Cross Stitcher magazine. Recently I also found a suitable wooden embroidery hoop in my craft storage that would work as an exellent frame for that picture. When I then checked the thread list I had quite a few of them, although I had to mix DMC and Anchor brands, so I decided to make it my new start for the weekend.

Cross Stitcher magazine, November 2005

Isn't it cute?!! 
Another thing about this design that I like is the fact that parts of the aida fabric is left unstitched which makes the whole project quicker and easier to complete👏👏👏!

So this is my progress over the weekend:


That little child is so cute😍! I just need to find a suitable darker blue to finish stitching the little dungarees. I'm really hoping I can replace the other missing colours with threads from my stash. Luckily there aren't too many details nor too many shades so hopefully I'll succeed🤞. 

When I read TIFF'S POST recently I got really jealous of the LOTR project she had started so I checked out the shop she mentioned, COUNTRY MAGIC STITCH . I LOVE Lord of the Rings and Hobbit and have dreamed about stitching something with those themes, and finally I found someone who made LOTR cross stitch charts that weren't too big nor used too many colours nor weren't too complicated! Finally! Since she had a really good discount on her charts, AND I turned 50 (!), I decided to treat myself to a few charts. I'm sure you want to see which ones I chose, but sadly I had problems downloading pictures so these pics are really crappy but at least you can get an idea...




 
And I couldn't help adding a dinosaur...😉


Now I'm 'just' waiting for my mum to help me print them and for my finances to allow me to order threads and aida fabric. I tell you, I'm chomping at the bit to get started! 

Keep safe everyone, and hopefully I have more stitching progress to show you next time💝.

Annie

9 comments:

  1. Oh Annie! Your LOTR charts are fantastic! I can see why you look forward to starting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Sadly it looks like it's going to take a while before I can start...

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely new start. Enjoy your new purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progress on your new start! Love the LOTR charts you purchased! Looking forward to seeing you stitch them up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to stiching them too:D

      Delete
  4. Love those choices! I think I ordered all those as well. :D Great start on such a cute little one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for mentioning that store! There were lots of stunning designs. I was tempted to pick a Harry Potter chart too, but maybe next time...:D I have quite a few starts to make first, hehe...

      Delete
  5. Even though it's now the middle of October, I haven't read ahead, so don't know if you carried on with new starts or not, but I'm hoping you stopped if you were feeling too bogged down. Tiff and I are mad, but I am always of the opinion that challenges should be fun and never compulsory.
    Your start this week was another cutie. The way he's holding the teddy by the foot is cuteness overload! :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!