Saturday 6 June 2020

Three days...three different projects

Hello Stitching Friends❣

Before I start on a new project this weekend I thought I'd show you what I have been stitching on this week. 
During Monday and Tuesday I didn't have time nor energy for crafts, but on Wednesday I was really excited to start on Rose Cottage by Lesley Teare.

Rose Cottage chart by Lesley Teare from Enjoy Cross Stitch Cottage Gardens spring 2015

As I told you in my previous post, I had most of the thread colours required. Or at least enough to get a good start... So we have outlines of a window and some grass and a flower border. I'm really looking forward to working on this again! But I'm trying to stitch a lot of the 'boring stuff' first and wait with the fun stuff like the flowers etc... It's hard but I CAN DO IT!😂


On Thursday I decided to be good and add a few stitches to Victorian Street Scene. So I added some snow to the street...


...and when I finished it looked like this:

 Not much but at least it is progress...

Yesterday I decided it was time to add some more stitches to my Swedish summer design. This project is growing quickly now and I hope I can finish it soon. So yesterday I went from this...


...to this!


I have so many projects I want to stitch right now. I'm thinking the best thing to do is to pick a different project for each day. I find it difficult to get into a project unless I spend a few hours on it so a project a day seems like a good plan right now. Except for the Victorian Street scene of course, which I need to work on on a more regular basis if I'm ever going to get it finished.

Now I'm going to work on Spring into Summer New Start Binge 2020 and this weekend I'm getting stuck into a stunning Christmas scene! Can't wait!

Hope you stay safe and find time for stitching this weekend❤❣

Annie

8 comments:

  1. It looks like you've found some time to stitch on some very nice projects. A different project a day wouldn't work for me, but I hope it's something that works well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, hopefully I can get lots of stitching done that way:D

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stitching! You made some really great progress on each project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so rewarding to take pictures of your before and after isn't it?!

      Delete
  3. Excellent work on all 3. I imagine if you can get a thread length or so into Victoria St every day, that will end up with a lot of progress over time. Some people do a Daily 30, stitch 30 minutes on the same project every day, so that's an option maybe as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiff for your encouraging words! I haven't quite worked out exactly how I'm going to tackle Victorian St, but I'm trying to get some progress done often whilst NOT worrying about how long it takes…!

      Delete
  4. All your projects are lovely. One project a day wont work for me , its too frequent a change for me. I hope you find a rotation which is suitable for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I easily get bored with projects so if I change every day or every other day I'm hoping to avoid that...

      Delete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!