Thursday 3 September 2020

A couple of framed projects and Cookies for Santa

Hello Stitching Friends!

How are you all doing? Here in Sweden autumn is approaching and the days are getting darker and the nights are getting colder. As I'm writing this, it is pouring with rain outside and I have lit a scented candle; love, love, LOVE scented candles! I don't mind the dark and the cold since the winter and the snow is my favorite part of the year and autumn is a sign that my favorite part of the year is on its way๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‚.

Last week my niece had her 18th birthday so of course I had to cross stitch a cool card for her. The design is from the Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, but unfortunately I don't know the issue or designer...๐Ÿ˜ž.


And whilst I was busy making the card, I also took the time to frame dad's lighthouse picture and I gave it to him during the weekend as he visited us for my niece's birthday party. 

Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, June 2020.
Designer: Cheryl McKinnon

I also framed my own little cross stitched themed picture.

From Cross Stitcher magazine, issue 310.
Designer: Durene Jones.

It was so much fun to stitch and I love how it turned out๐Ÿ˜!

As far as actual stitching progress, I have continued with my Xmas themed pieces. I'm making great progress on my must-finish-for-this-Xmas project...

...and I have also surprised myself by spending some time on my Xmas doily with the cute little gnomes and Xmas greenery๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„.

But my absolute favorite project this week has been a project I had actually forgotten I had...until I recently remembered it in the middle of the night on one of those occasions when I laid sleepless๐Ÿ˜ณ. (My sleep pattern is completely ruined after everything I've experienced and I wouldn't be able to sleep at all if I didn't have my sleeping pills...)

So I bought this adorable pattern way back in 2016 after having seen it on other cross stitching websites.


When I managed to find it, I discovered that I had only made a tiny start before my cross stitching mojo disappeared.


As I took this picture of my pitiful start 4 years ago, I also tried to capture the sparkle on the gold-flecked aida fabric. It's just gorgeous!!!!


I'm having so much fun working on this gorgeous project.


For exemple, I'm just obsessed with these Christmas tree branches! They are so simple but so festive and just soo cute๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜! 
Luckily for me, I made sure back in 2016 that I had all the threads so there's nothing stopping my progress on this one...well, except for all my other projects I want to work on...๐Ÿ˜‚

So, that is all for now I think. Or maybe not...I just have to include a cute furbaby pic, don't I๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜?!

He's lost so many teeth now that the tongue is poking out when he sleeps...
...sooo cute๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜!


Hope you all have a great weekend with plenty of time for cross stitch!

Annie

6 comments:

  1. Birthday Queen is perfect for an 18 year old. The Lighthouse turned out great and the Xmas doily is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; yes, I was pretty pleased with the card:D

      Delete
  2. You were busy!! Everything is so beautiful and I don't think I could even pick a favorite. And you will have Cookies for Santa finished in no time! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully I can have Cookies for Santa finished this Xmas, although I haven't decided how to finish it yet...

      Delete
  3. This looks like an interesting design to finish for Christmas, I love the sparkly fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that Christmas has definitely been the theme which has kept you motivated during the summer. Well done on all your progress, and keep up the stunning work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!