Wednesday 19 August 2020

Xmas stitching in August; another UFO and a favorite

 Hello Stitching Friends!

This weekend I decided to give some love and attention to another old project from my pile of stitching UFOs. Yet again it's a Christmas themed piece. Well, what can I say... I admit, I love everything Christmas🎅🎄😉!



So this is a table cloth. Actually, I have no idea why I bought this one back in the day. I love the pattern and the overall look of it, but I cannot imagine stitching everything four times😩😬. I just don't know what I was thinking...?! Maybe it was on discount; that would explain it... Apparently, I also decided to stitch it on 11-count aida instead of 14-count, so I clearly wanted it bigger than the original. I don't really mind that; it is easier to stitch on the 11-count aida anyway. However, I had decided to still stitch with two strands of thread instead of three so the coverage isn't perfect. But I can live with that too.

However, it didn't take me long to realise that I had used the wrong red shade for the border, so I started by unpicked the bright red border stitches. Luckily I hadn't stitched that much of it...

 
So, it turns out that I started to stitch this table cloth before I started to sew gridlines on all my projects, and now I just cannot imagine stitching anything without my gridlines so I had to add some before I could continue with anything else. 

However, I didn't grid all the fabric; it's a time consuming process and I decided to grid the fabric in sections. Then I made a start on one of the corners...


...and it is looking great so far. It's a fairly simple pattern with few colours and hardly any backstitching...there's just a lot of it, haha😁. But at least it's out of the box of shame...

I've also stitched some more on another Xmas pattern; my favorite at the moment. I'm stitching this one with three threads since the kit comes with 11-count fabric, which means that I can't use the loop start. Which in turn means that I try to anchor the thread in previous stitches. 


And now I've finally reached the elaborate Xmas border and could make a start on it.


I just love this one and so far I'm quite determined to finish this beauty for Xmas this year since I have great plans for it😉🤞.

I've also made a start on sorting out some of my old DMC/Anchor threads. I have leftover threads from old projects lying around and with my stash dwindling fast, I need to make the most of what I DO have.
   

So I got some cheap cardboard floss bobbins and have made a start at least.
Definitely a work in progress but I really like how efficient and organized it makes me feel😂.

Hope you are all doing ok? 

Happy Stitching Everyone💝!

Annie

6 comments:

  1. Those little gnomes are so cute! Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Xmas gnomes are really common here in Sweden and I agree that this one is a cutie:D

      Delete
  2. The tablecloth is going to look gorgeous and it is a cute design. Your other design is going to look great too and I hope you finish it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two pretty designs, I love the bright happy colours you are using on the tablecloth with gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No harm in Christmas in August! Two great designs to keep you motivated. And who doesn't love a stash/thread reorganisation day, although given your dwindling supplies your boxes must look a little sparse at the moment. Hope you are able to re-stock soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!