Monday 3 August 2020

An old favorite makes an appearance!

Hello Stitching Friends!

Hope you're all doing ok? We've had a bit of drama here in my x-stitch nook😳. The same day I posted my last blog post, I discovered a big crack in my little furbaby's large teeth, and I knew straight away that he had to see a vet and have an expensive surgery to remove the tooth😔.


Luckily I found a vet who could see us - it's vacation time in Sweden so my ordinary vet surgery wasn't available - and my old boy got some blood work done before the surgery at the end of this week. All the tests looked good for his age, but since he's 11 1/2 years old I'm still quite worried about him having to be anesthetized😳. 


So the stress and anxiety of it all has been rough. Luckily I have had my crafts to keep me sane, and I've also been extremely happy to see the NHL starting up again over the weekend. With so much time in front of the telly I've made some good cross stitching progress, especially on an old favorite.

When I lost my mojo a few years back, I had a few projects that were quite close to being finished. So I decided to grab one of them from my WIP pile this weekend and it's a beautiful wintry design, Festive Flurry, by Emma Congdon  which was published in Cross Stitcher magazine (issue 298) in November 2015. 


Emma Congdon has become one of my very favorite cross stitch designers, and this project was no exception. As you can see above I already had most of the scene inside the snow glob stitched before my loooong break from cross stitch. After a few hours on Saturday I had added some snow and more detail on the bottom of the snow globe.


And after some stitching on Sunday too, the picture looked like this.


 Just a session or two left on this one now...! I'm surprised at how much I seem to enjoy working on Xmas designs right now...?! Totally out of season, but then nothing has been normal this year anyway so I guess it makes a weird kind of sense😉😳...

I've also stitched a bit on one of my lighthouse designs (by Cheryl McKinnon) and started to add the rock that the lighthouse stands on.


Except for the surgery on Friday, I'm not quite sure what the week will bring... I'm just grateful to have my furbabies by my side and my crafts to keep me calm and give me a sense of achievement💓.

Take Care and Happy Stitching!

Annie

13 comments:

  1. Awww poor guy! I will be thinking of you on Friday! I love your snow globe! It is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3! We need lots of positive thoughts and prayers <3

      Delete
  2. You made some nice progress on the Emma Congdon design. I'm glad you have your furbabies and crafts to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd be lost without my furbabies <3.

      Delete
  3. I hope all goes smoothly for your dear beagle. Your snow globe piece is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie <3. Hopefully my snow globe will be ready for Xmas this year!!

      Delete
  4. That snow globe is very pretty. It will be completed in no time. So glad you caught that cracked tooth before an infection set in and your pup is recovering now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is what the vet said; an infection could be very dangerous. Praying everything goes well tomorrow <3.

      Delete
  5. You made great progress on the snow globe. Hope everything goes well for the little guy. I have two that are almost 13 years old and every little thing worries me with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah <3. It's horrible when they are sick or unwell, isn't it... I lost my oldest dog last year and it broke my heart...

      Delete
  6. Poor puppy! I hope that all will be ok coming thru the surgery. 11 years old is amazing! Festive Flurry is a beautiful piece; looking forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3.
      Yes, I feel very lucky that he's been doing well so far and doesn't feel his age too much. Still, his age is a worry when it comes to surgery...

      Delete
  7. Great progress. I can see why Emma's designs are so appealing. Good luck with reaching a finish. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!