Saturday 27 June 2015

More fairies and quick and easy flowers!

Hi all!

Finally the Ultimate Cross Stitch Fantasy bookazine has arrived in the post ! !


I couldn't wait to have a look through it , and I was not disappointed : ) I liked almost all the designs but there were a few that I really loved , and that I can see myself stitching very soon .
I especially liked the Joan Elliott charts , as usual : )

 
First of all , there is this Spring Fairy ! How I love all those bright colours !
 

And how about this pretty Woodland Fairy ? Isn't she cute ? !

 
I also like this Tulip Fairy , especially all the pretty tulips : )
 
At the moment I am waiting for my order of threads for my secret project , and whilst waiting I've been stitching everything I can of the chart with the threads I DO have : ) 
 
 
Here is a pic of part of the design : ) I am waiting for some yellow and green threads . . .
 
In a recent issue ( 230 ) of The World of Cross Stitching magazine I also found some handy , simple charts for greeting cards by Lesley Teare . Since I'm always on the lookout for quick , colourful and fun charts to use for cards I decided to stitch one . 
 

These sweet flower charts are absolutely perfect for left-over threads , and in fact I didn't use the exact DMC colours they recommended in the magazine . I also swapped the 14-count aida for 11-count , since I wanted the flower to be a bit bigger . I stitched the flower in one day , and I really enjoyed it : = ) In fact I enjoyed it so much that I decided to pick some other threads from my stash and started to stitch another one of these flowers :

 
There are a few birthdays coming up in my family soon so I think these cheerful flowers will come in handy for future birthday cards : )
 
Finally a little greeting from my furbabies who are enjoying the Swedish summer sun on our balcony : )
 
 
Happy Stitching Everyone!
 
Annie

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful choices, they will match with your other beautiful fairies and great progress on your WIPs;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great magazine. Your furbabies are very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, these fairies by Joan Elliott.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!