Monday 22 June 2015

Cross Stitch Magazines coming up!

Hi all !

I have been soo busy this last week that I've hardly had time to pick up my needle.
It was my 45th birthday on Saturday and in preparation for the celebrations I basically spent a week in my little kitchen baking goodies . . .

Swedish cinnamon buns !
. . . and cooking up a storm !
 
I prepared a salmon cheesecake, a sallad with beans ande oven-rosted vegetbables,
a quiche and rosted chicken!
I had let my whole family know that I wanted craft-inspired gifts, and luckily they heard me : = )

I received this creative box with yarn, crochet hook and flower designs . . .

 
. . . and from my lovely sister I received wonderful handmade gifts, amongst which was this gorgeous handmade recipe book . . .
 
 
. . . and this stunning handmade dragonfly for my balcony !
 

 
I also received cash which I immediately spent on some cross stitch magazines!
Firstly, I ordered a year-long subscription of one of my favourite XS magazines . .
 

. . . Cross Stitch Collection !
Then I also took the opportunity to order a back issue that I did not have : )

 
That Ed & Edwina hedgehog design from Anchor is soo cute ! !

And I ordered this back issue from Cross Stitcher since I love those Vintage Roses on the magazine cover !


The tiny amount of stitching that I have hade time to do have been spent on the project that is a birthday gift for my friend's husband . Here is a little teaser from my progress so far ; of course I have to show some actual cross stitches in this post . . . ha ha ! It won't do otherwise : )
 

Anyone who recognizes the design ? ? ?

I leave you with a cute pic of two of my furbabies : = )

 
Happy Stitching everyone!
 
Annie

3 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday! What a successful birthday you had (craft-wise and yummy goodness). Looks like you'll be mighty busy stitching until your next birthday. Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Great new stash you got I love that pic of your babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday wishes to you! Your birthday celebration must have been great with all that yummy food that you had prepared for your guests. Enjoy all the wonderful craft-related giofts!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!