Friday 8 April 2022

Why I'm stitching Christmas charts in April...

 Hello Stitching Friends!

Finally spring has reached Sweden and Easter is just around the corner. Me and the furbabies are enjoying long leisurely walks in the warm sunshine and spending time on my balcony getting ready for summer. The grass is turning a lovely green and the beautiful spring flowers cheer me up whenever I go outside.

...OR NOT...😳!

That is certainly how I wish it was😳...but the truth is something entirely different. I guess there's a reason why whenever we Swedes talk about the weather in April we shake our heads and sigh... loudly. 
In the last week we've had a little bit of snow, which is quite late as well as cold for this time of the year. And then last night the weather Gods sent us a snowstorm along with 10 inches/20-25 cm of snow...😫!
So this was the view from my kitchen window today...


...and this is outside my house. Luckily the snow plows worked hard early this morning.


Piles of snow and snow-covered trees everywhere.


Check out the pile of snow on the other side of the road...😲


...and the snow-covered cars on the parking lot.


Normally I love snow. During the winter months (October, November, December, January and February) I constantly long for and pray for this amount of snow. But not now when the cold and dark winter is behind us and when we long for the warmth of spring😔😳😬.

Still, since I'm very much a seasonal stitcher, this weather certainly keeps me in the mood for  some Christmas stitching. I have a couple of Xmas charts on the go but the one that holds my attention right now is this festive design, Soaring Santa, by Emma Congdon. (The chart is called Santa's Coming on Etsy.)

Ultimate Cross Stitch Christmas Vol 19 
or 
Cross Stitch Crazy issue 223.

I'm not going as fast as I'd like with this one since I'm also trying to stitch a couple of Easter cards.


I'm also missing a couple of the main colours but I'm hoping to order them soon. 
Still, the Swedish April weather has certainly provided me with plenty of cosy stitching time indoors lately😉😜.

Hope that you're able to enjoy some WARM spring weather where you are, and that the weekend will provide you with plenty of time for stitching💝.

Annie

4 comments:

  1. Goodness! Your weather looks much the same as we are having in Eastern Canada. Last week I thought we were all finished with snow for the year and we also got a late snow storm that brought 25cm. Thankfully it has mostly melted already.
    I love your Soaring Santa project! Those little houses are so cute. Sigh. Off to Etsy I go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrr, I can see why you want to stitch Christmas! Love the Soaring Santa design, the little village is so sweet.
    It's OK here in England, we have had snow at Easter before now so I'm not holding my breath for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great content on here, I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis,Diabetes, Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Pancreatic Cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Chronic Lyme Disease, Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with a godly heart. Well - everything I decided all went through for me well and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
    Dr Itua Contact Information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. 
    Whatsapp Number....+2348149277967   

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the time and dedication you've put into this blog

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!