Thursday 1 July 2021

A dangerous discovery

Hello Stitching Friends!

Hope you are all ok? I've been very busy this month watching all the fotball/soccer games in the ongoing UEFA EURO 2020, and although I've been cross stitching every day I haven't found the time to write about it. 
But now Sweden is out of the tournament and with only 8 countries remaining for the quarter finals I have some time to spare again๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜. Until the Olympics start...but that's another story!

Except for the fotball, my wonderful niece graduated from school this month which is a very big deal of course! 

And we were able to have a family celebration to mark the occation. (Luckily the older generation in my family are all fully vaccinated now and I'm getting my second shot this month.) Of course I stitched a card for my niece Linnea and the chart is designed by Emma Congdon. I used my own colours for this one.


I really had every intention to try to finish some projects this summer, but who am I kidding๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ?? Of course I still have those intentions, but I just HAVE to start some new projects; life wouldn't just be any fun otherwise๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š! And then there is Christmas coming up in (only) six months which might require some new projects... There's just always a good reason to start a new project, isn't there?!

So this month I started work on this cute picture which I plan on displaying in my hallway, for obvious reasons๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•! 


It's designed by Durene Jones and I found it in The World of Cross Stitching issue 291. 

And I have been stitching some small designs like this dream catcher letter which I plan to turn into an ornament for myself at some point.

Dream catcher ABC by Amanda Gregory from
The World of Cross stitching issue 277

I decided to have some fun with this little design and added some beads from my collection and I think it turned out great.

However, the best thing (or worst thing depending on how you see it๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚) that happened to me this month is that I discovered cross stitch patterns on ETSY. Oh boy, what a treasure trove for cross stitchers! I'm probably the last one to find my way into that world, but now I cannot tear myself away from it, haha! Soo many gorgeous patterns๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜! And so easy to get hold of too! 
I want them ALL of course, and I just had to get a few that were on sale...๐Ÿ™ˆ. And of course I just HAD to start a gorgeous Christmas project from VladaXstitch...


...and I've gotten this far. It's a bit difficult to see the gridlines in the digital pattern so it's taking me a little bit longer than I planned. 


But overall it's an easy pattern to stitch and I'm enjoying  the process!

I'm in this crazy creative flow right now and I cannot stop thinking of crafting and cross stitch. Sleeping seems a waste of time and all I want to do is watch sports and stitch๐Ÿ˜. It's quite a wonderful state of mind to be in actually๐Ÿ˜Š. I just wish I had arms like an octopus and double the amount of time available to do all my creative stuff๐Ÿ˜‚!

Now I'm going to take my furbabies for a sunny walk and then I'm going to get some stitching done. I haven't had time to pick up the needle yet today and it's really beginning to bug me, haha! 

Love,

Annie 

9 comments:

  1. Stitching while watching sports is a good use of time. You have some nice projects there. I like the added beads on the dream catcher and especially your Etsy purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card you made your niece. The picture you are making for your hallway is just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your niece! The card you made her is beautiful! Etsy is a dangerous hole to fall into but so much fun! I am really looking forward to seeing what all you find on there. Your first purchase is very pretty! Oh and I love the beads on your dreamcatcher :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your niece and condolences to your team! Personally I know less about sports than anything else in the world. I love the puppy pattern, it is perfect! Be careful at Etsy, it can be a dangerous rabbit hole to fall in! The patterns are easily accessible and there is instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your niece, you made her a lovely card too.
    I do like the chart you bought from Etsy, they have some wonderful designers who use the platform. Instant download and no postage is brilliant for those of us without needlework shops nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Etsy has some great patterns! I've often gotten myself into a long list and had to whittle it down. Congrats to your niece and a great card! I also love the dog one of course. :) Great start on your new find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ConGRADulations to your niece, how nice that you were able to celebrate with family! Sweet card too.
    What a fun dog stitch, the perfect entry sign.
    The Dream Catcher looks great, I like how you added the beads.
    I love what you found on Etsy, that site should come with a warning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all is well in Sweden. I enjoyed catching up on your blog, especially as you gathered together all your WIPs. I hope you finished this task without Etsy providing too many more; it's so easy to get to lost and tempted by Etsy's many offerings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great content on here, I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis,Diabetes, Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Pancreatic Cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Chronic Lyme Disease, Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with a godly heart. Well - everything I decided all went through for me well and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
    Dr Itua Contact Information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. 
    Whatsapp Number....+2348149277967   

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!