Tuesday 28 July 2020

The Last start of the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge

Hello Stitching Friends!

 So, this weekend it was time for the very LAST start of the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge which was hosted by stitchers TIFF and RACHEL. Originally it was meant to be a 17-day new start challenge over the Olympics, but as things changed it turned into a 17-week challenge of starting one new project each week. When I got back to cross stitch this spring I thought it sounded like a lot of fun and like a way to really get my cross stitching mojo going. And it did, and it was fun, but I also learnt that even thought I really like to start new projects, there actually is a limit to how many projects I like to start in a limited period of time. And that limit is definitely reached now, haha😂.
Now I need to find another stitching challenge that motivates me to be able to finish all these projects, if not more....😂😂!

So, my last start...
Well, I had grand plans for  this one, which was using a dark blue aida fabric and start start stiching one of the night time lighthouses designed by Cheryl McKinnon from the June 2020 issue of Cross Stitch Crazy


I knew it might be demanding on my eyes, but once I got the dark blue fabric out I realised that there was no way I'd be able to stitch on it. I really need a new pair of progressive glasses and until I get that sorted it will be impossible for me to stitch on darker fabrics 😟.

So sadly I had to rethink my last start and instead I decided to begin stitching the other lighthouse design featured on white aida fabric. 


So this is my progress so far:


Quite depressing really and not at all a worthy last start of this crazy binge period😔.

I did however add some more to my penultimate start from last week, the other lighthouse. 
This is where I was after last weekend....




...and this is where I am now...


I'm not quite sure when I'll be able to finish these two lighthouses, but I really enjoy working on them.

Finally I thought I show you what happens whenever I leave my crafty corner on the sofa...

He clearly agrees with me that it's the best spot on the sofa😍. And speaking of furbabies, I'm very glad to report that my other furbaby is doing better and doesn't need the dreaded cone anymore🙌!

Hope all of you stay safe and healthy, and that you get lots of time for stitching💝.

Annie

6 comments:

  1. Nice new start. I only had a small one too, and it counts! Also good to get some more in on the other chart. Sorry to hear of your glasses woes, that does make life difficult on that dark fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice new start, even if it's not the one you wanted. Hopefully, you can get your new glasses soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that if I use #2 readers instead of my progressive glasses, I can work on the dark blue fabric. I also have a magnifier that helps when I want to be able to wear my progressive glasses at the same time. You might want to try either. I do like the lighthouses that you are now working on. Great new start. Love the furbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute "seat saver" you have there! Sorry about the eyes not being cooperative but you made a good start on your new lighthouse. Hope you can get on some kind of rotation and get all of your new starts stitched up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving these lighthouse designs! Well done on completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on reaching the end; I know these last few weeks haven't been easy but admire your persistence. I hope you've found a way to keep motivated to stitch on them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!