Monday 6 July 2020

Lots of Xmas stitching including Spring into Summer New Start Binge

Hello Stitching Friends❗

How are you doing? Here, in Sweden the weather is just like a typical Swedish summer which means quite a lot of rain and quite coldish, which in turn means plenty of suitable weather for crafting😁. And I'm certainly in the mood for lots of cross stitch, and I've also started knitting again. I've got so many things I want to work on that the there just isn't enough hours in the day.
On top of that I have also started to think of and plan my Xmas gifts🎅🎄🎁. Since I'm quite a slow stitcher I have to start well in time to be ready for Santa Claus. And sadly I'm not able to show those projects here since I might have family/friends who pop in here every now and then.
How about you? When do you start to think of and make stitched Xmas gifts?

Anyway, moving on to my stitching this week, I have a little bit of progress to show you, and funnily enough it's all Xmas themed stitching😁😉🎅. I stitched a few threads on Victorian Street and went from this...


...to this:


I also stitched a bit on one of my favorite projects, Welcome to Christmas Town by Emma Congdon. This project was featured in Cross Stitcher magazine issue 285, and I just love it!
I love the cheeriness and the bright colours, and that is stitched with blocks of colour instead of confetti stitches.
When I picked it up this week I started here...


I stitched a bit at the top of the chart and to the top right and progressed to here:


This is one of the projects I find difficult to put down right now, but there are soo many wonderful projects that absolutely NEED my attention😆😎.

For the weekend and the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge hosted by the fabulous stitchers RACHEL and TIFF, I picked a small Xmas card design by Swedish brand Svarta Fåret.



After some stitching on Saturday...


...and some stitching on Sunday...


...I'm almost finished with the cross stitch and just have the backstitch left. I must say that I love working on these little cute Xmas projects where the motif grows so quickly!

Now I'm off to read your blogs and then I'm going to make the very difficult decision on which project to pick up first...and then second...and then third... You get the idea, right😂?!

Happy Stitching💗!

Annie

9 comments:

  1. Great progress! I really love Welcome to Christmas Town! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, isn't it?! I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it in the magazine <3!

      Delete
  2. Lovely progress on all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on everything, and you're really moving the Emma Congdon piece along. Also great to almost finish the new start, I love that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I try to make the most of the almost-finished feeling; doesn't happen too often, haha:D

      Delete
  4. All of your projects are looking good. I love your new start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's great to have some really nice small projects to stitch every now and then, isn't it?!

      Delete
  5. Another lovely start. That company sure do some charts perfect for quick and easy stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!