Monday 13 July 2020

A crafty little holiday and a versatile flower for Spring Into Summer New Start Binge

Hello Stitching Friends!

This time around I haven't too much stitching to show you, but it's for a good reason! Me and the dogs were invited to spend a few days with my sister in their caravan this past week, and it was simply lovely. The caravan park...


...was situated next to a small fishing lake...



 ...and me and the dogs enjoyed leisurely walks around the lake every day.



As a child I spent a lot of time on our boat in the Swedish archepelago so it was wonderful to be back in that kind of environment again.


Since me and my sister are very crafty people, we did spent a lot of time crafting whilst in the caravan.


However, the light wasn't always good enough for the three cross stitch projects I brought along, so it's a good thing I also brought my knitting, a Swedish KAL which will be a cardigan eventually, fingers crossed. Obviously the most important thing to bring on a holiday is your craft projects, right?!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜…


The one cross stitch project I managed to make some progress on was Christmas Town by Emma Congdon. Stitching with turqouise thread on white aida was easy on the eyes so I went from this...


 ...to this:


I'm very happy with my efforts so far on this gorgeous Xmas project, and next step is to stitch the snowflakes (and birds) in the sky so that I can fill in the rest of the turquoise sky without too much counting...

We arrived home on Saturday, so yesterday I was able to pick a project for the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge hosted by TIFF and RACHEL . 
This time I stitched my own version of one of my favorite small patterns, Patchwork Flowers by Lesley Teare from The World of Cross Stitching issue 230. 


It's such a fabulous pattern; it's got six different chart versions and it's perfect for using up your stash, and for mixing and matching your own colours. I've lost count how many various flowers I've stitched using these small patterns.
And here's the latest little flower all finished, and my plan is to turn it into a little gift for someone special.

This week I have nothing special planned so I look forward to lots of stitching and maybe some knitting. 

Happy Stitching everyone๐Ÿ’“❗

Annie

5 comments:

  1. What an enjoyable few days you have had with your sister! Such gorgeous scenery. And you are so blessed to have a crafty sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely time! I should plan a stitchy weekend in the camper with my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a fun few days. Lighting is a problem for me when stitching in our RV as well. That is a cute flower and it's nice to be able to put your own spin on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lovely getaway! Great start on the sweater, and your ribbing looks amazing. Wow! Also, congrats on another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous little flower and. like you said, so useful for using whatever colours happen to be in your stash.
    Forgot to say on the last post how much I love Christmas Town. Really looking forward to seeing progress on that one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!