Wednesday 24 June 2020

50s, summer stitching and summer heat

Hello Stitching Friends!

I haven't got much stitching to show you this time, since last weekend was full of family celebrations. On Friday we celebrated Swedish midsummer in my sister's backyard with barbecue, fresh strawberries and Swedish outdoor games.


As you can see the weather was glourious. 
The next day, Saturday, we were back in my sister's backyard to celebrate my 50th birthday😲. I have absolutely no idea how that happened and I think I've been going through a mini life crisis because of it...😳😞
Anyhow, it was another warm summer day with my family, and I was able to see my dad and his wife for the first time since Xmas.

Me and my darling boys💓

On Sunday I managed another start for the Spring into Summer New Start Binge which is hosted by the super stitchers RACHEL and TIFF. I was quite exhausted after the celebrations so I only managed a couple of hours on this beautiful little picture by the Swedish brand Svarta Fåret.



I have also worked a bit here and there on this summer piece.


I seem to be so close to finish this summer project, but there are so many little stitches that needs to be added here and there. On the bottom part I need to add some white to the daisies and a little cow or two🐄🐄.


And on the top I have some more green shades to add, and I need to finish the lighthouse and add yet another cow🐄

However, it is quite motivating to be so close to the end of an project😊.

In other news, we are in the middle of an heatwave here in Sweden, and I'm not sure how much stitching I'll get done in the next few days. It's over 30 degrees celcius in the shade and my hands get so stitcky and clammy in this heat. And getting an hot flush or two doesn't help either...And my flat gets sunshine in the afternoon and evening so it just gets hotter and hotter in my stithcing corner towards the evening😰💦. 
Still, I will perservere, and sweat, as best as I can😅!

Happy Stitching,

Annie

7 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! I love the picture of you and your boys :) Nice new start! It is very sweet and great progress on your summer project, it is really coming along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, my boys are my everything <3!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Dear Annie! What a sweet picture of you with your beloved beagles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vickie! I couldn't imagine my life without my furbabies <3.

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with family. I really like your new start for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! It's cute isn't it? It's part of a set of three and they are all really nice:D

      Delete
  4. That's a great little start. Looking forward to seeing the cows! :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!