Wednesday 17 June 2020

A roof and two (!!) finishes

Hello Stitching Friends❣

The past week had been a bit of a struggle for me so it seemed as if I didn't get much stitching done. However, when I looked at my photos it was obvious that I still found some time for cross stitching.

In the beginning of the week I spent a day working on this lovely cottage.

Chart by Lesley Teare from Enjoy Cross Stitch Cottage Gardens Spring 2015

This is where I was when I started stitching in the morning...


...and this is the part of the roof I added during the day...


I'm looking forward to working more on this cottage soon…maybe it's time to add some more greenery...😊🌸🌹🌳.

I only picked up Victorian Street once, and that makes me feel guilty😔. I should stitch more on it but when I struggle with life I tend to go for cross stitch projects that are easier to work on. That is, projects that don't overwhelm me...
However, I'm still going to appreciate that I managed to add some more shop window structure and went from this...


…to this:


Because I was feeling a bit down I decided to cheer myself up with stitching a cheerful Xmas project and found this cheerful little stocking in Cross Stitcher magazine issue 311 by Sarah Cookland.


I love it! The best thing about this pattern was that it only required 4 different colours of thread and I had all of them in my stash!

During the weekend I started a new project since I'm taking part in the crazy Spring into Summer New Start Binge hosted by TIFF and RACHEL. I wasn't sure what my start was going to be, but when I browsed through my old cross stitch magazines I found a cute chart by Durene Jones in Cross Stitcher magazine issue 310. I didn't have all the thread colours used in the magazine, but I was able to replace them with similar colours. After working on it during Saturday evening and all Sunday I actually managed to finish it!


I'm really happy with how it looks and how well the replacement colours work! I'm going to frame it once I have given it a quick rinse. I must say that I really enjoyed working on this project and stitching the different parts of the design was so much fun.

Happy Stitching,

Annie

5 comments:

  1. Wpw. I think you managed a whole lot more cross-stitching this past week than I did. I love those two finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on the cottage and Victoria. Don't get yourself down, if you're not up to stitching on it every day, that's okay. You still got it out this week, and that's great! Love the new start and finish, and the stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes and good progress on the WIPs. Don't be so hard on yourself, stitch what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your two finishes! They are both lovely :) And great progress on both your other wips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic to have a new start and finish over the weekend, as well as making good progress on other projects. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!