Tuesday 12 May 2020

Nice progress on Tranquil Harbour!

Hello Stitching Friends❣

Just a quick visit here to show you my progress today on the beautiful harbour scene Tranquil Harbour by Lucie Heaton.

This is where I put it down after my first session:


And this is where I stopped tonight after stitching all afternoon and evening...

Pattern from Cross Stitch Collection Issue 224

I'm very pleased with myself! I would say that normally I'm quite a slow stitcher, but for some reason - and although I was really tired today - my needle was flying! Now you can make out the hills in the background and more houses including ceilings on the quay. It's so inspiring to work on a picture when you can see it coming alive in front of you!

Tomorrow I have a dreaded date with lots of laundry and a hoover so sadly there won't be much time or energy for stitching… 😢

Hope you're all doing ok. Here we have had more hailstorms, snowflakes and rain the last few days… doesn't exactly feel like spring😳. But at least it's good weather for staying indoors and stitch for hours😉.

Happy Stitching,

Annie

5 comments:

  1. Super progress! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a lovely summery project, isn't it?!

      Delete
  2. That is lovely! And you're so good about gridding. I'm so impatient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days I go nuts if I don't have the grids. In the beginning I didn't really like spending a couple of hours on them BEFORE stitching, but once I realised how much the grids help me...well, it was a no-brainer, haha.

      Delete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!