Friday 1 May 2020

A week of easy stitching

Hello Stitching Friends❣

How are you doing? Today, the 1st of May,  is a public holiday in Sweden, but it's also my nephew's 19th birthday so we had a very small celebration at my sister's house. No hugs and with space between us and everyone taking their turn to head into the kitchen for cake. It feels weird but at the same time it's the new normal. Above all it feels important to still celebrate and keep it as normal as possible for the 'kids' even if the world is upside down.

But now I'm back home and looking forward to a weekend of relaxation and stitching. The week has been a bit of a struggle for me both physically and mentally, but I have still managed to stitch almost every day. However, when I'm tired and feeling a bit down I normally stay away from big projects, and I also like to perk myself up with a new start or two😊. It's always a nice mental pick-me-up😉!

One day I started and worked on this little project by Emma Congdon from Cross Stitch Collection issue 241.


The original chart was stitched on perforated paper, but since I didn't have that I used an aida ribbon instead. I also made a counting error, but I chose not to rectify it since it isn't too obvious. The pattern had an uneven number of squares, whilst the aida ribbon had an even amount of squares so I wasn't able to center the design perfectly but I think it looks ok still.

I also spent a few hours on my Ursula Michael design.


I made a start on the dark green section, and I also started to stitch with purple. The purple colour replaced the yellowish shade that just wouldn't stand out enough. 


Here is a much more accurate picture of the gorgeous aida shade😍 (I wish I could afford to buy many more pieces of coloured aida) and in the background lies one of my stitching buddies, my 8 year old Beagle.


And on the other side is my other crafting buddy, my 11 year old Dachshund/Chihuahua/Beagle mix.

One day I felt particularly out of sorts and really didn't have much energy for anything, so in order to get a little bit of stitching done, I decided to start a new little cute seaside picture.


These are just super cute and they come in a set with three Swedish seaside motifs and three little flexi-hoops.


And the black-and-white chart is really clear and easy to read.


Normally I definitely prefer a coloured chart but with this particular Swedish cross stitching brand, Svarta Fåret, I don't mind the black and white at all.

In the beginning of the week I also added some more green leaves to my summer picture and as soon as I have a good day again I look forward to working on this for a bit.


When I'm too tired it's just too much hard work trying to keep my place on the chart, even though I have stitched gridlines...

And finally, I actually have a FINISH!!!

Cross Stitcher issue 304. Design by Susan Penny.

When I went through my old cross stitching stash I found so many needles that I decided I needed another needle case for storage. And luckily I had this gorgeous freebie kit from 2016 lying around!
I loved how it turned out😍😀!
It's quite large and have four felt 'pages' so plenty of space for lots of needles. Simply perfect!

Well, that's all for now. I actually fell asleep for a bit 😴 in the middle of writing this post 😂which is an indication of how this week has been for me. However, now I hope I have a nice weekend full of lovely cross stitching ahead of me.
I hope you do too💝❣

Thank you for reading and Happy Stitching!

Annie

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the week has been tiring for you. I completely understand that feeling. Hope you get a lot of relaxing time this weekend. Lovely stitching. My mom loves ocean related stitching so those 3 pieces are beautiful. Love your needlebook. I just started using one and I love it. I use one for my Mill Hill kit needles. I think I need to make one some time too. I'm running out of space. I love your dogs. I want a beagle so bad! I have a russel beagle mix right now. But I would love one that looks like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I love the sound of a russel beagle mix! My beagle has been quite a handful throughout the years. In fact I'm sure he has a doggy version of ADHD, haha. However, he makes me laugh every day and he's cute as a button and has super soft ears and I love him to bits <3!

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a restful weekend. I love your new needle case. Such a sweet design! You have been stitching on so many beautiful things :) And you pups are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Especially sunday was lovely with plenty of time for stitching:) Yes, aren't my furbabies gorgeous? My dogs are my life and gets me out of bed each day <3.

      Delete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!