Monday 18 May 2020

An Enlish harbour, a reindeer and Swedish summer

Hello Stitching Friends❣

My menopause hormones have really given me hell this week and therefore my stitching has been a bit sketchy. Some days I've really enjoyed my stitching and other days I haven't wanted to stitch a single stitch. 
However, today I did enjoy stitching on Tranquil Harbour by Lucie Heaton. In fact, I think it's my favorite project at the moment...at least for today, haha😊.


I love all the different details on this project. I can switch between stitching a boat and then some water, and then some reflections in the water and then some bright and colourful houses. Since I easily get bored with a project (thus having 30 on the go at the same time😉) I love that kind of variety. 

My Swedish summer project is also coming along very nicely.


I have seen some lovely Christmas stitching on your blogs lately, and it made me really keen to start one of my own Prairie Schooler Xmas designs this past weekend. Especially as I had found a lovely piece of sparkly aida fabric that would make a perfect background for the gorgeous design called Christmas Eve.
However, I didn't realize that the piece of fabric actually was too small for this project until I was going to start stitching on Saturday and the disappointment really threw me, I must say. 
Having no other suitable fabric for the Christmas Eve design I decided to start another Prairie Schooler Xmas chart instead, The Night Before Christmas, but my heart just wasn't in it.


Quite a pityful start actually...

Because I was still desperate to use that lovely sparkly aida with gold threads I decided to use it for an ornament from the Christmas Eve chart instead.


But I ran out of steam with this little cute project too...

Hope that progress on all your lovely projects have been better than mine. Right now I feel like I haven't made any cross stitching progress at all lately. I just can't seem to stick to a project for more than a few hours… but I also know that the crazy hormones and the tummy aches make me more restless and edgy than I normally am😞.

FINALLY… I'm probably the last one to join the party, but I found this amazing CROSS STITCH CALCULATOR when I was trying to work out the size of fabric I needed for my PS charts. It's simply genius! Just add the stitch count of your chosen chart and you'll get the exact size of the fabric you need for your chart. Just LOVE IT!

Take Care, 

Annie

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching on so many beautiful projects! I hope you are feeling better today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your stitching. I too have many projects going at once and don't always feel like working on some of them. Sorry about the hormones. I thankfully passed through that time with only minor migraines and a few night sweats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might not think you've achieved much, but you certainly have!
    Sorry your new starts have not worked out as planned. Hopefully you will find something else to stitch on the sparkly fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!