Wednesday 10 February 2021

A catch-up and old favorites comes out to play!

 Hello Stitching Friends!

It's about time that I get my act together and update you all on what stitchy things have been going on over here in my Swedish X-stitch nook, don't you think?!
Lots have happened since I wrote here last, and not all good. I've had some unwelcome issues (due to an unsympathetic doctor) with my medication which has led to sleep struggles, and I had to change my old Iphone to an android Samsung since I sadly couldn't afford to stay with Iphone. My beagle has had some health issues with his back and I have lost count on how many times we've been to the vet and doggy physiotherapist. And don't get me started on my finances...😱.

But my family and friends has managed to stay healthy and at the moment we are enjoying the Swedish winter with plenty of snow and cold temperatures; my favorite kind of weather!



As far as stitching is concerned, I did get quite a lot done before Christmas. I stitched some small Xmas themed gifts which I regrettably forgot to take pictures of. I also stitched this picture for my mum who enjoys spending time at her allotment.


I mounted the picture in a tray for her and I'm really happy with how it turned out.


My plan was to make a cross stitch tray for me too using this gorgeous wintry scene, but I didn't have enough time to finish it before Xmas.


Hopefully I can get it finished for this year's Xmas🤞!

However I did manage to complete another project. I stitched this Christmas picture some years ago and I finally got around to framing it which felt really nice!


You can't really tell but it's stiched on goldish aida and with a gold-coloured frame it looked really festive and looked good on the wall next to one of my other cross stitched Christmas pictures.


After Christmas I looked forward to working on this project for myself...


...but I haven't managed to get further than this yet.


The thing is that the last couple of years my eyesight has changed and  now I need a new pair of glasses. In the last month or so, the switching of mobile phones and staring at digital screens for hours has made it worse and I find it a bit of a struggle reading some charts😞. Hopefully I can find a way to afford new glasses this year but meanwhile I've looked for ways to still enjoy cross stitching.

So last week I got to thinking of my old Prairie Schooler charts, dug them out from my stash, and realized that they would be perfect to use and stitch right now! The charts are so large, clear and easy to read, and they don't use too many colours AND the pictures are easy to stitch without too much details. So, all in all very easy on my eyes! Yay!!!

Most of my Prairie Scooler charts are Xmas-themed, but I don't mind that. I made a start on the smaller of these two January charts...


Of course I had to start with the dog, although I think it looks more like a wolf...😳😉.


I also made a start on Reindeer Round-Up....


...and of course the reindeers are the most fun to stitch.


I also spent a weekend working on The Night Before Christmas....


Simply adore this pattern!


In between my eyesight and the fact that I feel so tired all the time, it is a bit of a struggle to get a lot of stitching done. However, I'm enjoying it and there's no rush. I'm just so grateful that I bought those gorgeous PS charts back in the day!

Hope you're all well and Happy Stitching💝,

Annie

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time. I hope things get better for you soon. Hugs! Gorgeous stitching! I just love those Prairie Schooler patterns! You have made great progress on all of them! The gift you made for your mom is beautiful! I am sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry your little beagle is suffering with his back. I know just how he feels. I am currently suffering with mine and doing physical therapy weekly.
    Your stitching is wonderful Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your dog's back problems. I know they can make things very difficult for a dog. I hope you are able to get some new glasses too. I need some myself but have been putting it off due to the pandemic. You look like you have been stitching up a storm and they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy with your stitching, in between all of the not-so-positive things. I do hope the health of you and your dog improves soon. Looking forward to seeing more updates from all of your new starts this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure if they are available by you, but I find that if I use inexpensive 2.0 readers that I buy in my local pharmacy I can easily read the smaller charts and stitch the higher count evenweave fabrics. I love all of those projects. I hope you finish that tray for yourself. It is beautiful. So sorry that you and your dog have been having medical issues. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see you've been stitching (and finishing) lots of lovely things in spite of all that has been going on.
    Keep on stitching and hoping all goes well for you and your precious pup!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!