Friday 28 January 2022

YAY- I'm back stitching again!

 Hello Stitching Friends!

I'm back๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™Œ! And it makes me really happy๐Ÿ’. 

So, what happened you might ask...??

Well, I certainly did not plan for this extended break from cross stitch (as well as blogging about cross stitch) since last summer, but other things just happened in my life...as they do sometimes. I suddenly found myself knitting and crocheting lots of stuff for friends and aquaintances which kept me busy for several months, and then there were plenty of Xmas gifts to be finished. And before I knew it 6 months had passed since I had threaded a cross stitch needle...๐Ÿ˜ฒ!

But now life has slowed down again and I have finally been able to dug out my cross stitch stuff again, yay! And I know you won't be surprised when I tell you that the very first thing I did was starting some new projects๐Ÿ˜‚. During the autumn I saw this gorgeous silouette of a wolf designed by Durene Jones in Cross Stitcher magazine issue 375...


...and I knew that as soon as I started stitching again I wanted to stitch this wolf. 
As it turned out, this design was then joined by two more in issue 379...


...so obviously I had to make a start on all of them๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜.

Since the wolf is my favorite design of the three I made a start on it first, and it's also the one closest to being finished.


The other two I have just started, and here's the elephant...


...and the polar bear.


Even though I'm back stitching and enjoying it, I have found it extremely difficult to stick to one project. Nohing new there really, but I'm more restless than ever and I'm a bit frustrated with myself because of it. I spend an hour or two on a project and then I loose interest. Maybe I can blame the covid situation...or the menopause...? Part of me just want to keep starting new cross stitch projects and hope that one of them will grab my attention for longer than a day, but that's obviously a bad solution๐Ÿ˜‰. So I've looked through all my WIPs desperately hoping that one of them might grab my attention again...and only The Prairie Schooler projects called out to me.


One of my WIPs is the smaller design from the book No. 177 called JANUARY and inspired by the snowy Swedish season I decided to bring it out again.


This is where I'm at with this one...


I also found this pattern book No.143 with another snowy theme so - surprise, surprise - I started this one too.


My progress so far...


Finally I have to show you my 2021 calender from Cross Stitcher issue 365 which is now - AT LAST - framed and up on my livingroom wall!! As usual I did it myself and used a low cost frame from IKEA.

2021 calendar, Cross Stitcher issue 365.
Design by Cheryl McKinnon (Tiny Modernist)

I just looove this project!!! Soo much fun to stitch and looks great on my wall too๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜! Now I've spotted a similar calendar with little doggy pictures ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ•๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ˜ and I'm dying to make a start on it, of course๐Ÿ˜‚. But first I'm going to TRY to finish a couple of projects; hopefully the Winter Olympics will provide me with plenty of time and inspiration for that๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž.

My constant joy and reason for living๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜...
and a dear old Santa that mum made over 50 years ago๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿ˜
.
Lots and lots of love to you all and I hope that 2022 has treated you well so far๐Ÿ’.

Annie

8 comments:

  1. Well hello again Annie! The completed calendar on your wall looks fantastic! The picture of your two dogs is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you back posting and stitching. I love the trio by Durene Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful projects! Your wolf looks amazing! Glad to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing says welcome back to cross stitching more than a new project... or four! Looking forward to seeing their progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work on everything. Glad to see ya back to the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back stitching and blogging! I love that Wolf; it is gorgeous and the other two pieces are nice compliments to it. Your calendar looks spectacular and I look forward to seeing the one with the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For not stitching for six months, you know how to make up for it! All for your projects looks great so far.
    Your calendar looks lovely framed and perfect for year round display!
    Awe, your pups are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! The Wolf is wonderful, I can see why you had to start him immediately.
    The Prairie Schooler pieces are lovely too. Well done on getting your calendar framed, I haven't done mine yet!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!