Thursday 20 May 2021

We have a Finish!!

 Hello Stitching Friends!

Except for cataloging all my WIPs/UFOs lately, I have also worked on the gorgeous 2021 calendar in Cross Stitcher issue 365 designed by Cheryl McKinnon (Tiny Modernist). I decided to stitch it as a sampler and I have enjoyed this project soo much! I loved stitching all the little colourful seasonal motifs and seeing it all come together.
And now it is finished!!!


I'm so proud of myself! I started this a couple of weeks ago when I was feeling really stressed and needed something fun to take my mind off my financial worries, and from thereon every stitch has been a joy. In the last week I have stitched hours almost every day and now I'm almost a bit sad that this project is all done. 


I decided to give the sampler a Swedish twist by stitching the names of the months in Swedish. Luckily the translations are fairly similar to the English names as you can see so it wasn't too difficult😊.


I think my favorite months are Juli (July) and Augusti (August) since they remind me of lovely Swedish summers spent on our family boat as I grew up. Such happy memories and something I miss very much now that the boat is sold💔😔.


The month that caused me some problems was Februari (February). First I did a counting error, but I decided to leave it and see it as my own version, haha. Then I stitched those little bunnies in ecru as instructed in the chart, but it was impossible to see them afterwards😳. So I thought I'd backstitch around them, but then they looked like a cross between dogs and bunnies😂. With some changes to the backstitch I hope they now look more like bunnies than dogs, but with all the hassles I had and the frogging I had to do I just wished I had stitched them in another colour. 


Like I did with the snowman that was supposed to be stitched in ecru, but I used a bluish white instead (DMC 747). Mostly I had the threads required by the original chart, but I had to use another dark green and brown and grey colour from my stash, but thankfully I don't think it shows. 


I'm hoping I can find a frame soon that fits this project, because I really love it and I want to wash it, iron it and get it up on the wall soon!


Now, I'm sure I've heard a rule that states that when you finish a bigger project you can start a new project without any guilt...😉😁. I definitely have a few projects I'm itching to start (you'd never guess, would you😂🙈) 
But maybe I should finish counting my current WIPs/UFOs first...

Hope you're all safe and well and hope you have time for lots of lovely stitching!

Annie 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your beautiful finish! You really stitched it up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish! I've been thinking of doing that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a terrific finish - I love the rabbits and think the whole thing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognized them as bunnies right away! Your sampler turned our so cute, I love it! Hope you find a frame soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the Happy Dance! I changed the colour of those bunnies too. I think this definitely deserves a new start too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! Well done. And absolutely you deserve a new start or two.. or three. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet finish! I think the changes you made look great, and I can tell those are bunnies!
    This is one I've thought about doing, now I might have to. I hope you've found a frame by now?

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!